16 March 2013

Budget Beauty Quick Tips #2: Clean Your Brushes!

Budget Beauty Quick Tip #2: Using a make-up removing face wash to clean makep-up brushes

I'm a masters student currently, so that means skint. I'd been meaning to buy some brush cleaner for ages, but never seemed to have the money (read: spent it all on contact lens solution- that stuff is so expensive!)

Using my face-wash to clean my brushes gets the job done: they come out clean and still soft and flexible. The best part is, my extremely sensitive skin doesn't get irritated because its the same stuff I already use on my face.

Take a little face wash- preferably one that contains make-up removing ingredients. (It should say so on the bottle).

Soap up your brush! I used Neutrogena face wash (I'll do a post on my skin care routine eventually) and I didn't need a lot- just a tiny amount, even less than you'd use to wash your face with. I rubbed the face-wash into the hairs of the brush without splaying them out.


Now rinse until the water runs out clear.
Important: try not to bend or scrub too hard at your brush. You don't want to mess up the bristles! I just gently soaped mine and held it under the faucet to rinse.



And you're done! All you need to do now is dry your brush and it'll be ready to use next time. I used a paper towel to soak up the excess water first




Then wrapped it around the brush to dry for a full day before using it again. Be sure you aren't going to need your brush until the next day before you do this- you want it to be completely dry before you use it in your make-up!



2 comments:

  1. This is great advice! It's also an amazing way to get rid of face wash you don't like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! :D

      Delete

What do you think? Let's Chat!