25 April 2013

Cheap and Cheerful: The London Bus Tour

I think only people who haven't spent their lives in London, or who have been away for awhile will really appreciate this one, but it's one of the things I really enjoyed about moving back here:

London is beautiful via bus.


You'd be surprised how much of the city you can see that way and how nice it can really be to get on a bus with some good friends and just ride the route to the end.

I started to notice during shopping trips and while going to visit family- the buses are the best way to see a lot of the city in a short time. There's nothing to see on the tube, and the overground is good, but doesn't go past a lot of the best parts.

Riding the buses gives you enough time to spot those little restaurants to try, shops that you can visit the next time you're in that area, statues, architecture, even landmarks.

One Saturday, there was no one on the top level with me, and I happened to be going over London Bridge. I couldn't help myself- I started taking pictures like a tourist.

It's relaxing, warm ( the weather is dastardly lately) and really, really cheap, and if you pick the right route, you can go right through central and see all the big touristy places (like Picadilly Circus and Oxford street for you non- Londonders out there).

It's great- you should try it sometime.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let's Chat!